Complaint Procedure

We are committed to using complaints to review and improve the services we provide and help shape our business for the future.

A complaint is “An expression of dissatisfaction about the standard of service, actions or lack of actions by the Group or its staff which affects an individual or group of customers” – so this might be things like:

  • We did not act within our published policies or practices.
  • The attitude or behaviour of our employees.
  • We failed to provide a service that we had agreed to provide.
  • We did not meet the service standards that we said we would.

When you make a complaint or express dissatisfaction we will aim to sort it out at the first point of contact and informally.

However, if this action does not resolve the complaint, a formal complaint will be logged and fully investigated. There are some things we cannot deal with through our complaints process, these include:

  • Complaints about things that we have no control over.
  • The first time you request a service.
  • Issues that are in court or have already been heard by a court or tribunal.
  • Insurance claims that would be normally covered by an insurance policy.
  • Reports of incidents of anti-social behaviour (these will be dealt with under our ASB policies).
  • Complaints about things that happened more than 6 months ago.

If you make a formal complaint we have a clear procedure to follow and we want to ensure that you know what to expect and how long you might have to wait for a response as sometimes these things can take time to investigate properly.

Make A Complaint

You can contact us in many ways to give us your feedback.

By phone

Call our customer services team on:

  • 0300 111 0000 (LOCAL RATE FROM A MOBILE)
  • 0800 633 5500 (FREE FROM A LANDLINE)

Tell us why you are unhappy and what you want us to do. They can often sort the problem out immediately.


Email us at: Complaints&

In writing

  • Fill in the Online Form
  • Write to: Customer Access Manager, Wythenshawe Community Housing Group, 8 Poundswick Lane, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 9TA

Please provide as much detail as possible as this will make it easier for us to respond to your complaint.

What’s Next After Our Complaints Process?

From 1st April 2013, the Localism Act introduced a new way of dealing with complaints once you have come to the end of your landlord’s internal complaints procedure.

This has been called the “designated person” stage. This means that after Wythenshawe Community Housing Group’s (WCHG) internal procedure has been completed you can go to:

  • A recognised tenants’ panel.
  • Any Councillor in the Wythenshawe area.
  • Any Member of Parliament (MP).

For more information on all these options please get in touch with us.

If you wish to contact the Housing Ombudsman, their contact details are

Housing Ombudsman
Housing Ombudsman Service
81 Aldwych
London WC2B 4HN
Tel: 0845 712 5973

Please note that the Housing Ombudsman will normally only deal with your case if you have been through all the stages of our formal complaints procedure.